2. Use of the Site
By using https://briefbox.me Users represent that they have read, understood, and agree to be legally bound by the terms and conditions of use herein contained.
Briefbox Limited provides various materials, articles, news and other information on https://briefbox.me, related sites and in briefs and courses offered on this site (the “Materials”). Any images, graphics, logos, text, videos, audio, or other content made available to you on https://briefbox.me are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
By accessing the site at https://briefbox.me, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms of service, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site.
3. Registration to the site
Through signing up as a registered https://briefbox.me user you agree that you will:
- Set up your account in your own name, and not seek to represent yourself as someone else.
- Provide a valid email address.
- Only set up one account per person.
- Not let anyone else use your account.
- Ensure you register to the membership product for personal use only. If, for example, we find that content of our site being used for commercial or public use, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate your account immediately.
- Keep your login details, including your password secret.
- Notify us if you become aware of any unauthorised use of your account.
- Not upload any proprietary, copyrighted, trademarked content or materials without the expressed permission of the owner.
- Not post any materials or content that infringe on any copyright, patent, trademark, right of publicity, trade secret, or other proprietary right or intellectual property of any party.
If we reasonably believe you are breaching any of these requirements, or any of the other terms and conditions, we may suspend or terminate your account.
When using the site you must always act honestly and appropriately. Unacceptable behaviour includes being abusive, offensive, defamatory, or infringing anyone's privacy.
You will be able to access your registered account with your email address and password.
You will be able to update your email address, password, first name, last name and skill level from your Profile page which is accessed via the ‘My Account’ section of the site.
4. Paid Memberships and Subscription Fees
Paid memberships give users access to additional Materials and services not available to users registered to the site for free. Access to these Materials is retained for the duration of the membership. At such a time that the membership expires or is terminated, access to the Materials is revoked.
Users who subscribed to the “Premium” membership service before the 7 May 2020 will also benefit from a submission review service allowing them to gain feedback on up to two User Submissions a month (see section 10 ‘User Submissions’).
Users may participate in the “Pro” or "Premium” membership services by subscribing to annual or monthly subscription fees.
- Annual subscription fees are first taken in one lump sum on the day of subscribing to the paid membership service. The paid membership service will take effect immediately, though the payment may take a few days to show on your account. Payment will then be taken automatically on the same calendar day every year thereafter, until such a time that you cancel your paid membership. In some cases, your payment date may change, for example if your subscription began on a day not contained in a given month in a subsequent year.
- Monthly subscription fees will be billed automatically on the same calendar day each month, until such time that you cancel your paid membership. In some cases, your monthly payment date may change, for example if your registration began on a day not contained in a given month. The first monthly payment will be taken on the day of subscribing to the paid membership and your membership will take effect immediately, though the payment may take a few days to appear on your account.
Briefbox Limited collects all fees through third party providers Stripe Inc. and PayPal. No refunds are offered for Pro or Premium membership fees, or any other fees collected by the Service. We reserve the right to suspend or cancel your paid membership if attempts to charge your payment method fail.
5. Paid Materials and Mentoring Services
Users can purchase paid Materials and Mentoring Services for a fixed one-off fee.
“Paid Materials” include briefs and courses. For the purchase of Paid Materials, full payment is taken in one lump sum at the time of enrolment to the brief or course, and access to the material(s) is granted immediately, though the payment may take a few days to show on your account.
“Mentoring Services” include a portfolio review product and a submission review product. For the purchase of Mentoring Services, full payment is taken in one lump sum at the time of booking the service.
6. Refund Policy
A user registered for a paid subscription may cancel their subscription for any reason during the seven (7) day period from the date the user registered for the subscription ("Effective Date"), by sending written notice to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you do so, and with respect to any paying Subscription, Briefbox may charge you a proportionate amount of the subscription fee, and payment charges, incurred by Briefbox, for the part of the subscription that you have used.
After the seven (7) day period from the Effective Date, you will not be entitled to a refund for any paid subscription (individual subscription or multi-use 'Educator' subscription). There are no refund or credits for partially used periods. However, if you do wish to terminate your paid membership, you will continue to have the benefits of your paid Briefbox Membership through the end of your current billing period.
There are no refunds for individual Brief or Course purchases.
7. Termination of Membership (free and paid)
To cancel your paid membership, click ‘Cancel’ from the ‘Billing’ tab of the ‘My Account’ section of the site. This will stop your paid membership from automatically renewing at the end of your current billing cycle and no further payments will be taken. As a result, you will be downgraded to the free membership service at the end of your current billing cycle. You will no longer be able to access the Materials available to users subscribed to the paid membership.
Alternatively, to downgrade or cancel your paid membership, or to cancel your free membership, please send written notice to Brefbox Limited at email@example.com
If we suspect abuse or fraudulent use of our website, we reserve the right to inform the appropriate authorities and Briefbox Limited reserves the right to terminate or suspend access to all, or any portion, of the site for violation or suspected violation of these terms and conditions of service.
Briefbox Limited reserve the right to terminate your membership at any time and without notice, including and not limited to:
- If you violate any provision of these Terms of Service.
- If we discover that you have provided us with false information.
- If your membership fees are not paid by the due date.
- If you attempt in any way to copy, illegally distribute or reverse engineer the website or software.
- If we suspect any abuse or fraudulent use of our systems.
8. Access to the Site
We will try to ensure https://briefbox.me is available to you at all times. However, Briefbox Limited does not guarantee that the Site, or any Materials on it, will always be available or uninterrupted.
We reserve the right to suspend, withdraw, discontinue, or change all, or any part of, our Site and Materials without notice. No Liability can be accepted in respect of losses or damages arising if, for any reason, our Site is unavailable at any time, or for any period.
Whilst we seek to make the Site available as widely as possible, some features and functionality may not work on all browsers or devices.
Please note that when using internet hosted platform and websites, general issues such as browser compatibility, internet connection strength and internet connection speed, and other matters outside of our control, may affect the quality and availability of https://briefbox.me We do not take any responsibility for these sorts of matters.
9. Use License
Under the Individual Use License, permission is granted for one User to use the Materials provided on the Site.
Under the Multi-Use Licenses ("Educator" subscription), users are granted with additional logins so that additional users can access the Materials and Site for free.
- The small organisation license grants access for to up to 15 Users.
- The Medium organisation license grants access for to up to 30 Users.
- The large organisation license grants access for 30+ Users.
These licenses (Individual and Multi-Use) do not include the right to download the original file or use it independently of the Briefbox Site for which it was licensed.
This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under any of these licenses you may not:
- modify or attempt to modify Materials, copy or attempt to copy Materials, remove or attempt to remove Materials;
- use the Materials for any commercial advertising, promotional, endorsement or merchandising use, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- remove any notice of copyright, trade-mark or other proprietary right from any place where it is on, or embedded, on the Materials;
- transfer the Materials to another person, or install, copy or "mirror" the Materials on any other network or web server for use by other users;
- copy, reproduce or publish large sections of our Materials (or the entire website);
- upload, embed, or make any of the Materials available via a third party website, platform, or service without prior consent.
- use the Materials for resale, license or other distribution for profit;
- include Materials in templates of any nature, including templates for websites, social networking websites, documents, projects or otherwise for distribution and/or sale to third parties;
- use any of the Materials as part of a trade-mark, design-mark, trade-name, business name, service mark, or logo;
- use or display the Materials in an electronic format that enables it to be downloaded, Exported or distributed via mobile devices or shared in any peer-to-peer or similar file sharing arrangement; or
- use or display Materials in such a manner that gives the impression that the Materials were created by you or a person other than the copyright holder of the Materials.
The Individual and Multi-Use-License shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Briefbox Limited at any time.
Upon terminating (cancelling) your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded Materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
10. User Submitted Materials and Contributions ("User Submissions")
Materials and contributions uploaded to any part of the https://briefbox.me site including, without limitation, uploading designs, portfolios or any messages submitted on public areas of the site, are referred to as “User Submissions”. You hereby automatically grant Briefbox Limited, and represent that you have the right to grant to Briefbox Limited, an unrestricted, perpetual, irrevocable, unlimited, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable, worldwide right and license to host, use, reproduce, copy, create derivative works, disclose, publish, re-title, cache, store, reformat, translate, transmit, excerpt (in whole or in part), distribute, publicly display and publicly perform any “User Submissions” (Materials, Content, contributions) or information for any purpose, commercial, or otherwise (including, without limitation, ideas for a new or improved product or service).
You also grant to Briefbox Limited the right to use your name or username in connection with the "User Submissions”. Briefbox Limited also retains the right to edit or change "User Submissions", change the location of any "User Submissions" on the site, and /or delete as we deem appropriate any "User Submissions" at any time, without notice.
The Materials on Briefbox Limited's website are provided on an 'as is' basis. Briefbox Limited makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties including, without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights.
Further, Briefbox Limited does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the Materials or Content on its website or otherwise relating to such Materials and Content or on any sites linked to this site.
We do not assume any liability for “User Submissions”, nor endorse any of this content. We do not pre-screen or edit "User Submissions", Materials, Content or contributions, but we do have the right to do so and to remove any content that does not comply with these Terms and Conditions in our judgement.
We do not assert any ownership over “User Submissions”. We are not liable for any representations or statements in "User Submissions".
In no event shall Briefbox Limited, its suppliers, or other third parties mentioned at this Site be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption, interruption of services or inaccurate information) arising out of the use, inability to use, or the results of use of this site, any websites liked to this Site, or the Materials or information contained at any or all such sites, whether based on warranty, contract, tort or any other legal theory and whether or not advised of the possibility of such damages. If your use of the Materials or information from this Site results in the need for servicing, repair or correction of equipment or data, you assume all costs thereof.
13. Accuracy of materials
The Materials provided at the Site are provided “as is” without any warranties of any kind including warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property. Briefbox Limited does not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete or current. Briefbox Limited may make changes to the materials contained at this site, or to the services and prices described in them, at any time without notice The Materials at this Site may be out of date, and Briefbox Limited makes no commitment to update the Materials at this Site.
Links to external websites are provided solely as a convenience to you. Briefbox Limited has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Briefbox Limited of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user's own risk.
15. Governing Law
Unless otherwise mutually agreed in writing between Briefbox Ltd and your organisation.
16. Effective Date and Updates
Briefbox Limited may revise these Terms of Service at any time without notice. By using this site you are agreeing to be bound by the then current version of these Terms of Service.
The Terms are effective as of May 7th, 2020 and are subject to change without notice by Alpha Score Seminars Inc. at any time. Please check for changes regularly. Your use of this Site after such changes constitutes your agreement to such changes.